Women in Technology Mentorship
Be matched with a superstar mentor to develop your skills, expand your networks and enhance your expertise.
Women in Tech. We need you!
Did you know that 56% of women in tech leave their careers?
Women make up 47% of Canada’s workforce.
In 2015, there were 811,200 ICT (information and communications technology) professionals employed in Canada, yet only 24% were women.
We need your help to change these statistics.
By 2019, hiring requirements in tech-related roles is expected to reach 182,000. Through ventureLAB’s Women in Technology mentorship program, we can help bridge that gap by helping advance and support future leaders in technology and innovation with talented, qualified women.
Are you ready for a mentor?
Are you looking to get your start in tech or advance your career? As part of ventureLAB’s Women in Technology mentorship program, you’ll be matched with a superstar mentor to develop your skills, expand your networks and enhance your expertise.
Who should apply to be a mentee?
- Junior-mid career level women in tech roles or non-tech roles in a tech company or industry looking to advance their careers (i.e. data analyst, marketing coordinator at a tech company, finance coordinator in the tech industry, etc.)
- Students in their final year of college or university in a related discipline
Applications to become a mentee are now closed. Sign up for the ventureLAB newsletter to be notified of upcoming openings or learn about other opportunities.
Want to be a mentor?
Aside from helping to create a diverse workforce in the tech community, you’ll be a critical resource for women who are looking to advance their skillsets and networks, further develop your own skills and build your network of intelligent, driven women in the tech industry.
What we’re looking for in a mentor:
- Senior level or higher experience in a tech role or non-tech role in a tech company or industry
- Strong expertise in areas such as technical skills, communication, negotiating skills, etc.
- Both male and female mentors welcomed
Mentor and Mentee Expectations
Meet with your mentor/mentee 2-3 hours a month (in-person, online or on the phone), stay accessible, committed and engaged for the program duration, and learn from each other! Oh, and attend an awesome wrap-up event at ventureLAB in May 2017.
This program is funded by TD Bank and the Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN).