The Aviva Community Fund
Program name: The Aviva Community Fund
Program funding amounts and details:
- Funding amounts:
- Small ideas: $50,000 and under
- Large ideas: $50,000 – $100,000
- Community Legacy ideas: $150,000 (one prize only)
- Category 1: Community Development
- Category 2: Community Health
- Category 3: Community Resilience
- Category 4: Community Legacy
- Between September 13, 2017 and October 2, 2017, anyone registered on the Aviva Community Fund site can submit an idea.
- Ideas that result in a change that positively affects Canadian communities.
- Ideas that can be implemented within a two-year period (completed by December 2019).
- Ideas that are associated with Canadian registered charities, public foundations, non-profit organizations, social enterprises, registered B Corporations, publicly-funded schools, universities or colleges, and municipality or government entities.Note: Ideas must be associated with one of the above entities at the time of submission (September 2017).
- Ideas that are aligned with one of the four idea categories and its associated criteria (Community, Development, Health, Resilience & Legacy).Note: Ideas submitted to the Community Legacy category must be submitted by current or aspiring social entrepreneurs aged 18-25 years old, who are Canadian residents.
- Ideas that fall within one of the three funding levels (up to $50,000, $50,001-$100,000, and $150,000).
- Ideas that take place within Canada on publicly accessible spaces.Note: Ideas cannot require access to private or restricted property in order to be implemented)
- Ideas that are accessible to all individuals regardless of faith/religious background.
How to Enter:
Between September 13, 2017 and October 2, 2017, anyone registered on the Aviva Community Fund site can submit an idea.
We help entrepreneurs BUILD high-growth, innovative, scalable businesses. ventureLAB is a non-profit regional innovation centre that has been cultivating, supporting, and celebrating entrepreneurs in York Region, Simcoe County, and Muskoka District since 2011. ventureLAB is also a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE).