Canadian Technology Accelerator@Boston – ICT and Life Sciences
From our colleagues at CTA@Boston:
Are you a High Potential Canadian ICT or Life Science SME ready to grow in the US Boston Market?
CTA@Boston is an award-winning program that connects Canadian ICT and Life Science companies to US clients, strategic partners and investors, emphasizing aggressive business development and growth.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator in Boston (CTA@Boston) is looking for fast growing ICT and Life Science candidates for the Fall 2017 cohort.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2017
“10 years and 30 minutes. That’s what it took for me to meet with Microsoft. 10 years of me trying to connect and only 30 minutes after arriving in Boston with an introduction from Boston’s Senior Trade Commissioner. A Microsoft partnership was signed within a week. That’s just one example of how your business accelerates with the CTA @ Boston.” – Tim Vasko, CEO Finaeos
5-month program – (August – December)
UPDATED BOSTON Sectors:
- TECH: IoT, Smart Cities, Artificial Intelligence, Clean Tech, Digital Health, FinTech, SaaS, e-Commerce, Big Data Analytics
- Life Sciences: Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Drug Discovery
Who Should Apply:
ICT: We are looking for ICT companies that are:
- $1.5 M in Sales
- Post Seed
- Have a fully-built and validated product with a differentiated technology
- Proven traction in the marketplace and have the potential to scale in the market
- Have specific goals and a clear strategy for entry into Boston/New England market & are prepared to prospect and close partnerships and deals
- A strong and committed executive team. Able send at least one senior member (C-level or Founder) or a business development officer to take part in the program.
Life Sciences: Life Science companies may utilize a variety of technologies with a focus on drug development, precision medicine/genetics, stem cells, research tools, biomarkers, diagnostics, or medical devices. We’re looking for life science companies that are:
- Developing an innovative therapeutic, diagnostic, medical device or research tool with a focus on human health care that meets an unmet need.
- Post-seed (have received non-dilutive and equity financing)
- Run by a solid executive team
- Ready to talk with potential partners
- Relevant to Boston Ecosystem
- Committed to sending a C-level executive to spend time in the Boston area
CTA Boston Program Benefits:
- Individualized CMS Mentor Teams for Your Company. Our Canadian Mentoring Service mentors comprise over 90 C-level executives, successful serial entrepreneurs, VC and angel investors from the Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England (CENE).
- Introductions to industry leaders, venture capitalists and other key resources
- Space/Services at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) in Kendall Square – amongst 2000+ tech and life science companies
- Pitch Coach to help clients localize messaging for the Boston/US market
- Corporate Partnerships with Microsoft, HubSpot, SendGrid, Mathworks, and Harvard Business School, offering $10M of in-kind or discounted services and products
- Member Privileges to world-class industry associations for programs and networking in the ecosystem
- Highest concentration of pharmaceutical companies in the world (including J & J, Biogen, Vertex, Genzyme)
- Strong technology and innovation clusters – over 2000 companies (Including Starent, TripAdvisor, Akamai, ZipCar, Kayak, Bluefin, Enernoc, Hadapt, iRobot)
- 90 Venture Capital and Angel firms: $50 B under management
- Corporate Developments Teams: Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Johnson & Johnson, GE, Twitter, Shell, Samsung, Microsoft
Program Dates Program format is one month of virtual programming followed by four months in market.
- Fall Cohort: August-December
- Spring Cohort: February-June
“I can’t say enough about the impact that CTA Boston had for our ExpertFile. It’s a super well organized program, and the CMS Mentors and CTA Boston program staff are passionate about adding value for the participating companies. We raised additional Angel investment in Boston while enrolled in the program and the program mentors were amazing. One of their introductions resulted in a partnership with one of the largest media distribution players in the world. If you are lucky enough to be selected for CTA make sure you get your company to Boston!” -Peter Evans, Co-Founder & CEO, ExpertFile