The Senior Research Scientist-Developer will play a key role in our technology development and have a great opportunity to work with a very knowledgeable team of researchers and developers. This role will involve programming, writing and developing computer code for our software applications and relevant research to improve our data processing applications.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing algorithms for interactive video processing and streaming applications on local network or cloud
- Developing logical specifications and algorithms for object detection/segmentation in crowd
- Writing software code for our proprietary systems
- Developing algorithms for object tracking and action recognition in crowd
- Implementing and integrating developed codes and algorithms in Python and C++
- Modifying our software code and applications for improved functionality of our computer programs
- Update our executive team on the progression of our computer programs and video processing
- Review, research and document requirements for improvements to our computer applications, video applications and other programs both on the internet and on our mobile applications or in our local networks
- Writing Patents, manuals, reports and other technical papers for developed algorithms
- Debugging developed algorithms for our interactive media optimization
- Researching and working with a variety of our interactive media products and applications to ensure we are at the forefront of computer technology
Reporting Directly to: Chief Technology Officer
Terms of Employment: Three-Year Position. Full-time work at 40 hours per week.
Language of Employment: English will be the primary language.
Wage: Base salary of $43 CAD per hour. In addition to base salary, candidate will be eligible for a bonus of up to 5% of annual base salary. Candidate will also be eligible for consideration stock options based on annual performance upon completion of first year.
Benefits Package: Entitled to a comprehensive benefits plan, including Health Benefits.
Vacation: Candidate entitled to two weeks (10 days) of vacation per year and 3 personal days per year in addition to vacation and Ontario statutory holidays.
Location: EAIGLE Offices at: 3600 Steeles Ave E, Markham, ON L3R 9Z7 Canada. Candidate may also be required to travel to our other offices throughout Canada and visit client sites from time to time as needed.
Work Experience - Requirements
- At least 4 years of experience leading a team of developers, engineers or other technology professionals
- At least 4 years of experience designing and developing technology platforms and systems
- At least 2 years of work experience in C++ 11
- At least 2 years of experience designing signal processing systems
- At least 2 years of experience developing software architecture for video processing applications
- At least 2 years of experience with frameworks for GP-developed codes
- At least 1 year of work experience in Video Streaming and video compression methods
- Proficiency in Machine Learning algorithms, Python, SQL, and C++
- Proficiency in Kubernetes, Lua and CUDA
- Proficiency in or experience with Nginx and Prometheus
- Ability to work with Deep Learning Models with Tensorflow v2 and continuous development
- Must have the ability to work with Git, YOLOv5 and SSD
- Ability to reduce video converting failure rates
- Familiarity with Image Classification or Object Detection models
- Advanced understanding of wireless network virtualization
- Experience with statistical analysis, machine learning, compressed sensing
- Must have great skill in teamwork environments
Work Experience - Bonus
- Ability to work with U-Net/Center-Net, Human Pose Estimation, and Voice Command Classification based on RNN is a plus
- Being familiar with Node.js or QT libraries in both C++ and Python is desired
- Being familiar with calling Python functions and objects from C++ and sending and receiving parameters using Python C-API and debugging in Visual Studio C++ is desired
- Ability to design using Clickhouse is desired
- Familiarity with backbone models like VGG, MobileNet, and ResNet, experience working with JIRA, Jenkins and high experience level in working with both Windows and Linus operating systems is a plus
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required. Foreign equivalent accepted.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required. Foreign equivalent is accepted.
- Experience in research or academic writing in a field related to technology or engineering is required
- Post-secondary education in an area related to Mathematics is a bonus
- Languages required: English
Contact Information for applicants
Name: Karim Khamisa
Cell Phone: 416-688-4934
Fax Number: +1 (866) 832-6350
Mailing Address: EAIGLE Offices at: 3600 Steeles Ave E, Markham, ON L3R 9Z7 Canada.