ODX Ventures Program – up to $50k
Program name: ODX Ventures Program
Program funding amounts and details:
The ODX Ventures program supports Ontario based businesses who use open data in their product or service. The program provides up to $50,000 in financial support to start-ups, small, and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) for product development, market traction and scaling their company so that they are investment ready. Successful applicants must be willing to provide an in-kind match to the amount awarded.
- Cohort 2 applications open September 5 – September 22 at 11:59PM EST.
- You are an Ontario based start-up/SME incorporated within the last five years
- You use Canadian open data in your product or service
Activities supported through this program include things such as product development, sourcing first customers and solving real business needs. The company must use the fund to:
- demonstrate a viable working prototype and/or
- make improvements to product/service to achieve greater market traction and sales
Questions? John Chiappetta, Project Coordinator, Projects & Initiatives at Canada’s Open Data Exchange (ODX) is happy to help. Email John or call (519) 888-9944.