What is ventureLAB?
ventureLAB is where talented entrepreneurs get help bringing their innovations to market. We apply a unique combination of mentoring, partnering, and connecting to help pioneering entrepreneurs turn their great ideas into globally competitive businesses with successful start-up business training.
Since its inception in 2011, ventureLAB has supported over 3,000 start-ups in the fields of:
- Advanced health technology
- Digital media
- Information communications technology
- Green energy
- Advanced materials/manufacturing
- Clean technology
These businesses have created more than 3,000 jobs and contributed more than $180 million in federal and provincial taxation revenues.
ventureLAB is a non-profit regional innovation centre that has been cultivating, supporting, and celebrating entrepreneurs in York Region, Simcoe County, and Muskoka District since 2011. ventureLAB is also a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE).
Why should you become a ventureLAB entrepreneur?
ventureLAB’s innovative start-up support model connects our clients to create a supportive community of entrepreneurs focused on learning, sharing talent, and leveraging ideas. This collaborative model is central to the success of ventureLAB and our entrepreneurs.
As a ventureLAB enterprise you will:
- Learn – our exclusive BUILD Program is a comprehensive workshop series designed to accelerate your journey through each stage of growth:
- Begin – develop your great idea into a viable business concept.
- EdUcate – prepare a bootstrap business plan to prepare you for launch.
- Invest – prepare the investor pitch to finance your business growth.
- Launch – anticipate and take control as your business takes off.
- ExpanD – grow your company through strategic diversification.
- Connect – ventureLAB will match you to an advisor who will work with you to review your progress, support you through guidance, and offer personalized advice.
- Access – exclusive ventureLAB programs will help you access the authoritative market intelligence, research, and data to help support your key business decisions.
- Attend – ventureLAB’s specialized workshops and clinics provide new opportunities to learn, connect, and grow.
- Share – our unparalleled entrepreneur resources offer a wealth of information, tools, facilities, and connections to strengthen your plan as you get started.
Get Started With ventureLAB
Sign up to get started on your entrepreneurial journey!