- 02/09/2017Beyond Media Joins the IBM Innovation Space - Markham Convergence CentreIn January, 2017 Andrew Klotz of Beyond Media joined the IBM Innovation Space - Markham Convergence Centre as one of the first tenants in the space. Meet Andrew and learn about his business!Read More
- 01/27/2017ventureLAB, Trainers Choice and Invest Barrie partner to help health and wellness companies gain access to national marketsTrainers Choice, ventureLAB and Invest Barrie have partnered on a new program which will create accelerated opportunities for companies with unique direct-to-consumer health and wellness products, to access established retail markets across Canada.Read More
- 01/19/2017The Common Sense Divorce Moves In!There's a new company working out of the atrium in the IBM Innovation Space - Markham Convergence Centre! The Common Sense Divorce is an amicable separation process that values your future and gives equal priority to your financial, legal and emotional well-being. Read More
- 01/18/201718 teams of students compete in 2nd annual Ontario Innovation CelebrationFIRST Robotics Canada, in partnership with ventureLAB and IBM Canada, is hosting the 2nd annual Ontario Innovation Celebration on February 25, 2017. The focus of this event will be to bring 18 of the most innovative solutions to this year’s Animal Allies theme together in one location, to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. The top two teams will advance to represent Canada at the XPRIZE Global Innovation Awards in June. Read More
- 01/05/2017IoT company Peytec joins the IBM Innovation Space + Markham Convergence CentreNew to the IBM Innovation Space + Markham Convergence Centre is Peytec, a company with an integrated, software-centric IoT platform. Read More
- 12/14/2016ReMAP, Deloitte and ventureLAB Announce Partnership to Host the 2017 Canadian Global Impact Challenge this April in TorontoThe Canadian Global Impact Challenge is a nation-wide challenge for all Canadians to bring forward their BIG idea to improve the standard of living of 1 Million+ Canadians over the next 3-5 years using technology.Read More
- 12/02/2016We're Moving!ventureLAB has officially moved into its new space at 3600 Steeles Ave. E. in Markham! We’re really excited and would love to have you come visit us in our new space!Read More
- 11/25/2016ventureLAB Podcast Episode Three: Women in BusinessIn this episode we reach Jeremy Laurin by phone for a few tips about becoming an entrepreneur and our guest host Michelle Lochan along with Emily Milling sit down with Jean Leggett of One More Story Games to talk about the world of entrepreneurship through a female lens.Read More
- 11/22/2016ventureLAB's Blueprint initiative designs solutions for affordable housing challengesOn October 15 and 22, ventureLAB kicked off its Blueprint: Affordable Housing initiative with a two-day design lab that challenged participants to think big and create new ideas that address affordable housing issues. Across Canada, access to affordable housing has become a top priority for many growing communities where the percentage of income spent on housing has grown significantly.Read More
- 11/21/2016U of T Engineering industry partners celebrated at inaugural awards ceremonyU of T Engineering recognized two landmark partnerships with its inaugural Industry Partnership Awards announced Wednesday.Read More
- 11/08/2016Pond Technologies Team Advances to Semi-Finals in 20M NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZEPond Technologies, along with City of Markham, Markham District Energy, and the National Research Council of Canada today announced Pond Technologies has been named as one of the 27 teams advancing in the $20M NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE.Read More
- 11/02/2016Saint Elizabeth Releases First Annual Impact ReportventureLAB partner Saint Elizabeth has released an impact report, "Making Our Mark" which highlights the successes of its initiatives across Canada. Read More
- 10/26/2016Episode Two: Is crowdfunding right for your business?Listen to episode two of the ventureLAB podcast - Is crowdfunding right for your business?Read More
- 10/17/2016ventureLAB Client FleetRover is Awarded $60,000 from the OCE SmartStart Seed FundFleetRover, a technology based logistics company has been awarded $60,000 from the Ontario Centres of Excllence (OCE) SmartStart Seed Fund as a result of collaborative efforts with ventureLAB and OCE team members.Read More
- 10/17/2016Innovative Newmarket Company TieiT Receives OCE SmartStart Seed FundYork Region technology startup, TieiT, a sales, marketing automation and business management platform has been awarded the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) SmartStart Seed Fund.Read More
- 10/03/2016Proto3000 awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification for Advanced 3D Digital Manufacturing Solutions and DesignProto3000, a leading provider of additive manufacturing and metrology solutions based in Vaughan, Ontario is pleased to announce that it has recently been awarded the prestigious ISO 9001:2008 certification for the scope of Advanced 3D Digital Manufacturing Solutions and Design.Read More
- 09/29/2016Episode One: Agile Business Planning - Is traditional business planning dead?In this episode we chat with ventureLAB President and CEO Jeremy Laurin about what he thinks is the next big development in Ontario's innovation ecosystem. We also speak with Jane Gertner, ventureLAB Executive in Residence and Paul Rivett, ventureLAB's Director of Client Services about Agile Business Planning and how it compares to traditional Business Planning.Read More
- 09/29/2016GymNext Launches New Blog and Celebrates 18 Months in BusinessventureLAB client GymNext has just announced its new blog, The Tiny Startup, which follows and chronicles entrepreneur Duane Homick's journey as he develops his business. GymNext celebrates 18 months in business as of Saturday, October 1, 2016 and was recently featured on the ventureLAB podcast.Read More
- 09/15/2016ventureLAB’s Blueprint initiative seeks innovative solutions to affordable housing issues in York RegionBlueprint: Affordable Housing is a new initiative out of ventureLAB’s communityBUILD program, calling for participants to develop innovative, sustainable solutions to affordable housing challenges facing York Region. Blueprint will kick off with a two-day ‘design lab’, followed by a three-month incubator, where teams of participants will utilize design-thinking processes to develop their solutions. Read More
- 09/08/2016Competition Provides $140,000 for Start-Ups with Limited Access to CapitalIgnite Capital Community Fund has almost tripled the amount of funding in 2016 and added an Indigenous category to their entrepreneurial fund. This year, the organization will help 12 entrepreneurs elevate their business by providing over $140,000 in financial support.Read More
How can ventureLAB help your business?
Click to learn more about our programs.
Find events to inspire your entrepreneurial spirit.
Entrepreneur SpotlightEugene Cherny See how we have helped entrepreneurs like you more