After two years of Collision From Home, the leading global tech conference is back in person. From June 20-23, Collision will bring together the biggest names in business and entertainment to talk about the possibilities, problems, and future of tech. Conference-goers will have the opportunity to listen in on world-leading experts including international policymakers, leading tech founders, and global cultural figures. Plus, Collision is hosting expert-led masterclasses and roundtables for attendees, covering today’s pressing topics through the lens of multiple industries.
In this article we’ll cover how you can make the most of Collision, including the 5 talks we're most looking forward to attending.
- Learn: Hear from industry leaders on their successes and challenges - and how to apply those insights to your business’ growth. With talks from some of the world’s best speakers, educational masterclasses, and interactive Q&As, there’s a lot of content to choose from. Check out the schedule and make sure to plan your day in advance. The app is incredibly intuitive and makes scheduling your day in advance easy. (Don’t know where to start? Check out our Top 5 list, below.)
- Network: Collision, attended by more than 33,000 attendees, gathers the "who's who of international tech" in one space, from tech leaders and founders to media and investors. Whether your goal is to connect with peers, grow your professional network, or get expert insights from a masterclass, take the time to walk the floor and make meaningful connections.
- Generate leads: Network on the floor or use the app to find people and businesses relevant to you and generate the leads that will bring value to your startup.
- Get inspired: We live in uncertain times for tech and business. Collision will bring together the people who are tackling the big challenges facing industry today. Content will cover everything from autotech to environmental sustainability, and even feature authors, writers, and musicians for their insights on how tech impacts different industries.
Top 5 Talks We’re Looking Forward To:
- Reimagining the future of the supply chain
The supply chain is more chaotic, complex and convoluted than ever. Join Convoy CEO Dan Lewis and Flexport CEO Ryan Petersen as they discuss the root causes of this chaos, the current state of the supply chain crisis, and how machine learning and automation are helping Fortune 500 shippers adapt in real-time while also preparing for an unpredictable future.
- The human future of automation
The future of automation will see more and more humans and robots working side by side, enhancing our productivity and amplifying people in all kinds of workspaces. This panel of AI experts and founders will weigh in on that future, and forecast what's to come.
- Indigenous innovation: How Canada’s heritage is fuelling its future
This session isn't just taking place on the first day of Collision. It is also – more importantly – National Indigenous People's Day in Canada. This is a day for recognizing and celebrating the culture and contributions of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis Indigenous peoples of Canada. Join this session to find out how Indigenous innovation is shaping Canada's future.
- Hard truths: The fundraising landscape in 2022
There has been a founders' market for fundraising over the last few years, as VC activity has ramped up to ever greater heights. But as we move into a potentially trickier landscape, what are the hard truths that founders need to hear?
- Making Canada a technology powerhouse
Canada has transformed itself into a global tech player over the past decade. Now is the time to discuss how Canada can sustain this momentum to become one of the top destinations globally for talent and entrepreneurship.
Beyond the ones we’ve mentioned, check out talks in the following topics:
ventureLAB at Collision
Our ventureLAB Advisors will also be around for free advisor sessions at our booth. You can message them via the app to book a session. This could be the connection that takes your business to the next level! Book a meeting with Yuri Navarro if you want to talk Capital; Garry Chan if you want to talk Software; Josee Pharand if you want to talk IP; and Paul Rivett if you want to talk Hardware.
We’re also hosting Ask Me Anything sessions with our Programs and Innovation Space teams for Founders looking to grow and scale their business. Swing by and say hi; and learn more about how ventureLAB can help you accelerate your business’ growth.
ventureLAB is a leading global founder community for hardware technology and enterprise software companies in Canada. Located at the heart of Ontario’s innovation corridor in York Region, ventureLAB is part of one of the biggest and most diverse tech communities in Canada. Our initiatives focused on raising capital, talent retention, commercializing technology and IP, and customer acquisition have enabled thousands of companies to create over 4,500 jobs and raise more than $200 million in investment capital. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada, for global markets.